In your Lili app, go to the Move Money tab > Add Money > Mobile Check Deposit and follow these steps:
- Sign (endorse) the back of the check
- Under your signature, write "For Lili mobile deposit only"
- Enter the amount of the check
- Take pictures of the front and the back of your check. Make sure to place your check on a dark, solid background.
We also accept cashiers/official checks. But, Lili cannot accept money orders or checks signed over to you from another party (third party check). Checks are generally reviewed on the same business day if submitted before 4pm EST, however each submission is always decisioned by our cut off period of 4pm Eastern time the following business day. Once your check is approved, your funds will become available within 2-5 business days.
Note: for fully approved Single-Member LLCs, Multi-Member LLCs, General Partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships and S-Corp accounts, the first check will be available in 5 business days from approval. Future checks may be available in 2-3 business days, at the sole discretion of Lili.
Over the Limit Check Deposits: There is an option to request to deposit a check that is over the limit. To make this request, after entering the Mobile Check Deposit feature, tap on the link called "Request to deposit a check over the limit" and follow the directions.
Eligibility to deposit a check is based on your Lili Account's activity history and other risk-based factors. If you are a Sole Proprietor, your Lili account must also be open at least 30 days and you must receive $200 or more in ACH Direct Deposits from a non-governmental source per calendar month.
The check must also be made out to your name or to your business (if there is an approved business linked to your Lili account), and be dated within the last 60 days. Future dated checks are not accepted.
For details about mobile check deposit limits, please see "What are my funding limits?"
"Best practices" for scanning a check can be found below:
- Take the picture with the check on a solid, dark contrasting background. Taking the picture with the check on wood or a busy background can cause the check to not be readable.
- Make sure that all four corners of the check are visible in the photo. Photos that are not showing all four corners of the check will be rejected.
- Photos should be taken with the check on a flat background. If the background is not flat, portions of the image might have poor quality and could cause the check to be rejected.
- Photos should always be taken with a clean camera lens, good overhead lighting with no shadows and the camera should not use zoom. Photos taken in poor lighting, that have shadows or are blurry will result in poor quality photos, and could possibly be rejected by the system.
Note: some Android devices might not support the ability to deposit a check as they do not meet the minimal technical requirements.