At Lili, we prioritize the security of our customers' financial information. One crucial aspect of maintaining a secure account is setting up a strong password. In this guide, we will provide you with essential tips and recommendations to help you create a robust and secure password.
- Length matters: Choose a password with a minimum length of 12 characters. Longer passwords are generally more secure, as they provide a greater combination of characters making it more difficult for potential attackers to decipher.
Mix it up: Create a password that includes a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. This diversity significantly increases the complexity of your password, making it harder to crack.
- Avoid common patterns: Stay away from using easily guessable patterns or commonly used passwords such as "123456" or "password." These are among the first options hackers will try when attempting to gain unauthorized access.
- Don't use personal information: Avoid incorporating personal information, such as your name, birthdate, or address, in your password. Hackers often try to exploit personal details to guess passwords.
- Make it unique: Ensure your password is unique to your Lili account and not used for any other online services. Reusing passwords across multiple platforms can increase the risk of compromise if one service is breached.
Change your password regularly: To maintain a high level of security, it is essential to change your password periodically. We recommend updating your password at least every three months. Regularly changing your password reduces the likelihood of unauthorized access to your account.
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA): Take advantage of two-factor authentication to add another layer of security. 2FA requires a second form of verification, such as a code sent to your mobile device, to access your account. This code is needed in case you change mobile devices.
- Enable biometric identification: Much stronger than a written password, biometric identification is the use of Touch ID (fingerprint) or facial recognition to enter your account.